Wednesday, May 3, 2017

12 steps in a minute!

Today I spent part of my day thinking about what all I was doing and what all went into doing it. I decided I would look at starting my essential oil diffuser as an occupation and see all the different tasks that go into doing it. 

-taking the lid off of the diffuser
-opening the water bottle
-pouring the water into the diffuser while making sure not to over fill it 
-put the lid back on the water bottle
-get the box that has the oils in it
-choose the oil out of the box 
-take the lid off 
-drop 2-3 drops into the water in the diffuser
-put the lid back on the oil 
-put oil back in the box 
-put the lid back on to the diffuser 
-push the start button 

WOW!! That surprises me all of the different steps that it takes when broken down to do something that I barely think about doing and only takes about a minute for me to do. I can see where this could be a good therapy technique. By just doing the diffuser, the client could be working on their grip strength (taking lid off of the diffuser), hand eye coordination, and rotating their wrist (twisting the lids on and off). The client would also get the benefits of the oils that come with diffusing them (ranging from increasing calmness and focus to helping with the smell of recess.) 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment