Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Universal Design


I think that Universal Design is an amazing concept! I love the thought of there not being a difference in the things that people use, despite having a disability or not. I love the idea of somebody taking the time to design things that are able to equalize all people, as they should be. Having a broken leg, has made things more apparent to me about how many things that we take for granted. Some of the things that could benefit from Universal Design are easy to think of like a bathtub being entry level and a building having elevators instead of stairs, but some of the things that can be done are harder to think of such as the dishwasher or oven being higher, for easier accessibility for those who can’t bend down as easy are sometimes forgotten. I feel like having a world that is better accessible to all people will make the world able to accept people with disabilities more and see them as an equal.

1 comment: