Wednesday, April 5, 2017

"Terrible, Thanks for Asking"


In getting prepared for this class, the podcast “Terrible, Thanks for Asking” really hit me hard. The fact that his wife realized that she was a burden to her family and even asked if her husband would want a divorce and to just co-parent their children was something that shocked me at first. At first, I thought that it was sad that she would even think that way or feel like that was what he wanted but then as I was thinking about it I realized that while she was not completely present all the time, she was still putting her family first and thinking about what would be best for them. I did wonder if having her husband say he wouldn't marry her if she was how she is now when they met was really something that he should be telling her. I thought that while yes he was embracing the thought of being honest, nobody wants to be someone that their significant other doesn't desire. I can't imagine how hearing your husband say that would make you feel, especially if you already feel like they could do better. I thought it was very neat when their daughter would lean over to her sister or to her mom to comfort them and help them through the interview. I love that she said that her mom is somebody else to help and didn't act like it was a burden to help her. I really enjoyed the overall story and it gave me a lot of insight into the life of somebody who has a traumatic brain injury and their family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment