Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Leadership Summit

For my leadership summit experience, I met with Sarah Caldwell, Kiera Crutcher, and Ellen Bermudez. Since we were the first group to go for the individual rounds, a lot of our discussion centered around building each other up and making sure that we were all prepared for our session. All four of us were somewhat nervous since we didn’t have a basis for the individual leadership portion or model for running the group on our own. One of the members of our leadership summit, was asked to change her warm up activity. Due to her initial warm up activity needing to be changed, she was unsure what she would do and asked us for ideas. It was neat to hear the different ideas that each person had and to experience the collaboration of the different minds working together for a cause that wasn't there own. Other than that situation, we all had an idea of our game plan and really just shared our plan with the other three members of our leadership summit. I felt like knowing what the other people were doing and their plans, made me more confident about my own plan. I felt this way because I could see that we were all on the same page with our sessions, even though they were not leading on the same topic. I think this portion of the activity gave me a new perspective of collaborating with other therapists who are not necessarily working towards the same goal as I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment